Custodial Services Cleaning Responsibilities
- Perform general cleaning duties within offices, classrooms, public, common and study spaces, cafeterias etc.
- Clean, disinfect and restock washrooms across campus on a daily basis.
- Restock all hand sanitizer stations outside of classrooms, elevators and teaching labs, and inside washrooms.
- Collect non-hazardous waste (garbage) and recycling from pre-approved and central waste receptacles.
- Relamp light fixtures and recycle spent lamps.
- Maintain the sanitary condition of specialized areas within campus buildings. Areas include: swimming pools, shower facilities, the veterinary hospital clinic and operating rooms, the Human Anatomy Lab, the Child Care Centre etc.
- Provide cleaning services for special events held on campus such as Campus Days, Convocation, sporting events, weddings, and conferences.
- Floor refinishing, steam cleaning of carpets, entrance mats and upholstry.
- First response service for flood cleanups including water extraction and dehumidification of wet building materials and contents.
Department Space and User Cleaning Responsibilities
Departments and individual users of space and equipment must make their own determination regarding the frequency, method, cleaning and/or sanitizing products required for the departmental spaces and equipment outlined below.
Examples of department space and equipment:
- Shared office spaces, student club spaces, storage rooms
- lab equipment, tools, vehicles
- Small kitchen appliances used by departments
- Workstation desk, keyboard, phone, mouse etc.
Obtaining Cleaning and Disinfecting Supplies:
- Cleaning and disinfecting supplies will be provided to departments upon request through the Physical Resources Stockroom.
- When disinfecting, use products that have a Drug Identification Number (DIN), which confirms it is approved for use in Canada. Products available in the Physical Resources Stockroom have a DIN and are approved for use. Follow product label instructions regarding contact time (time surface remains wet) to kill germs and the required personal protective equipment. For most disinfecting wipes, minimum 1 minute contact time and disposable gloves (e.g., vinyl or nitrile) are recommended.
If you have a question about the above information or require assistance obtaining or choosing cleaning and disinfecting supplies for your department please reach out to Custodial Services for assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org