Physical Resources is preparing to assist departments planning to have faculty or staff return to campus. We ask that you please inform Custodial Services regarding the locations you will be occupying. This will help us to prepare and adjust our services where and when required.
Please contact us at PRemail@example.com
- Custodial Services cleaning protocols follow the recommendations of the Wellington/Dufferin/Guelph Public Health Unit, Public Health and government agencies.
- Everyone’s safety has been our main priority as Custodial staff have worked diligently this past year. Staff maintain our campus by performing regular and enhanced cleaning services and sanitizing practices as follows:
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all common areas.
- All classrooms were deep cleaned prior to their closure in March 2020. Those not being used will remain locked. Classrooms that will be used will be cleaned and disinfected at the end of each teaching day.
- Wiping and disinfecting high touch points such as door handles, light switches, handrails, elevator touch pads, washroom dispensers etc.
- As building occupancy increases, heavily used areas will be disinfected more frequently based on usage, type of space and work conducted. The minimum frequency is twice per day.
- Custodial cleaning schedules will be adjusted to allow for additional cleaning of washrooms while staff and faculty are on campus.
- Your normal service schedule will remain unchanged for the building you occupy.
- We have a number of approved disinfectants that are proven effective in the killing of bacteria, fungi and viruses including Covid-19.
- Our standard disinfectant cleaner is Enviro Solutions ES 128. It is a DIN registered product (Drug Identification Number). This disinfectant has been tested and verified that it is safe to use and is effective when used as directed.
- Faculty and staff are expected to continue to clean and maintain their own equipment. This includes: office equipment, lab equipment, lunchroom equipment including fridges, coffee makers, microwaves etc.
- Disinfection of personal items in offices and lunch rooms will be responsibility of the occupant. Offices will continue to be cleaned on a weekly basis, while meeting and lunch rooms will be cleaned daily. There will be a heightened focus on disinfecting. Nonetheless, the onus will be on the user to disinfect each utilized space before and after usage.
- Furthermore, your cooperation in eliminating drinks and food in classrooms is essential. This will significantly reduce the amount of garbage, spills and carpet stains generated. This enables less work and time required to prepare the space between classes.
- More than 700 wall mounted hand sanitizers have been replaced outside the majority of washrooms across campus. We regularly maintain these units. Our new hand sanitizer is foam based and the new dispensers have twice the capacity of the previous units.
- We do not use sanitizer that contains technical grade ethanol.
- Additional hand sanitizers will be installed where required.
- Custodial staff practice physical distancing and do wear face masks when those distances cannot be maintained for your protection.