In preparation for departments planning to have faculty or staff return to campus, we ask that you please inform Custodial Services regarding the locations you will be occupying. This will help us to prepare and adjust our services where and when required.
Please contact us at PRfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Custodial Services cleaning protocols follow the recommendations of the Wellington/Dufferin/Guelph Public Health Unit, Public Health and government agencies.
- Everyone’s safety has been our main priority as Custodial staff have worked diligently these past few months to maintain our campus by performing deep cleaning and sanitizing of all common areas as well as continuing to perform enhanced cleaning and sanitizing practices as follows:
- All classrooms were deep cleaned prior to their being closed in Mach 2020. Those not being used will remain locked. Classrooms that will be used will be deep cleaned at the end of each teaching day.
- Wiping and disinfecting high touch points with such as door handles, light switches, handrails, elevator touch pads, washroom dispensers, door push bars and plates, etc.
- As building occupancy increases, heavily used areas will be disinfected more frequently based on usage, type of space and work conducted in each building, with a minimum of twice per day.
- Custodial cleaning schedules will be adjusted to allow for additional cleaning of washrooms while staff and faculty are on campus
- Your normal service schedule will remain unchanged for the building you are located.
- We have a number of approved disinfectants that are proven effective in the killing of bacteria, fungi and viruses. Including Covid-19.
- Our standard disinfectant cleaner is Enviro Solutions ES 128. It is a DIN registered product (Drug Identification Number) which has been tested and verified that it is safe to use and is effective when used as directed.
- Faculty and staff are expected to continue to clean and maintain their own equipment including various electronic items, keyboards, office equipment, lab equipment, lunchroom equipment including fridges, coffee makers, kettles, microwaves etc.
- Disinfection of personal items in offices and lunch rooms will be responsibility of the occupant. Offices will continue to be cleaned on a weekly basis, while meeting and lunch rooms will be cleaned daily, with a heightened focus on disinfecting. Nonetheless, the onus will be on the user to disinfect each utilized space before and after usage.
- Furthermore, your cooperation in eliminating drinks and food in classrooms will significantly reduce the amount of garbage, spills and carpet stains generated, enabling less work and time required to prepare the space between classes.
- More than 700 wall mounted hand sanitizers have been replaced outside the majority of washrooms across campus which we regularly maintain. Our new hand sanitizer is foam based and the new dispensers have twice the capacity of the previous units.
- We do not use sanitizer that contains technical grade ethanol.
- Additional hand sanitizers will be installed where required.
- Custodial staff practice social distancing and do wear face masks when we expect those distances cannot be maintained for your protection.