The Role of Transportation Services
For details about obtaining or servicing a departmental vehicle, call 52256. Services are provided on a charge back basis.
Transportation Services performs preventive maintenance and a full range of repair and service functions for University-owned vehicles and motorized equipment. Vehicles undergo regular maintenance and repairs in the University's Vehicle Services Building off Powerhouse Lane. Licensed mechanics are equipped to service most of the University's licensed vehicles and non-licensed motorized equipment (electric utility vehicles, lawnmowers, lifts, small machinery, etc.) right on campus.
Transportation Services will:
- Provide quarterly maintenance and annual inspections for University vehicles
- Provide gasoline and diesel, lubricant and fuel dispensing services
- Determine or assist in determining appropriate vehicle replacements, requirements and specializations for departments
- Approve, provide and install aftermarket equipment to University vehicles
- Maintain records and logbooks for all vehicle maintenance, repairs and inspections in compliance with Ministry of Transportation requirements
- Maintain all current vehicle licensing, registration and insurance for University vehicles
University of Guelph Licensed Vehicle Policy and Associated Documents
If you require the policy and the associated documents in an alternative format please contact
Vicki Shearer at 519-824-4120 extension 52596.
1.2.25 - Licensed Vehicles: Associated Forms, Documents and Links:
University of Guelph Vehicle Incident Report - PDF (save the file to your system and then fill out and resave)
University of Guelph Illness or Injury Incident Report (posted on EHS website)
University of Guelph Faculty & Staff Driver Profile Information - PDF (save the file to your system and then fill out and resave)
University of Guelph Student & Volunteer Use of University Owned or Leased Licensed Vehicles Approval Form - PDF (save the file to your system and then fill out and resave)
University of Guelph Fleet Vehicle Daily Circle Check - PDF
Appendix A - Commercial Vehicle Operator's Registration (CVOR) System - PDF
MTO Daily CVOR Inspection Sheets - PDF
University of Guelph Transportation of Dangerous Goods Policy (posted on EHS website)
University of Guelph Request to Purchase a Vehicle to be Added to the University of Guelph Fleet - PDF