The Role of the Mechanical Shop
Maintain, modify and repair existing domestic water, storm and sanitary sewage piping. Shop staff also maintain chilled water and vacuum distribution systems.
Mechanical Shop will:
- Ensure that municipally legislated devices such as backflow preventers are inventoried, maintained and tested on an annual basis.
- Perform sheet metal and welding repairs as required using both internal and external resources.
- Install energy and water saving devices where possible to support the community energy plan.
- Maintain the district energy steam distribution network and steam converters on domestic hot water and building heat systems.
- Provide 24/7 emergency response service for water main ruptures, flooding and ceiling leaks.