Back to Maintenance and Energy Services
The Role of the Controls Shop
Manage environmental control systems to ensure optimization of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
Controls Shop will:
- Manage building heating, ventilation and air conditioning H.V.A.C. systems to reflect occupancy levels and to reduce utility consumption.
- Provide compressed air service to all buildings and to all building H.V.A.C. systems, laboratories and for specialized instrumentation on the University campus.
- Operate the H.V.A.C. system outside of established business and/or operating hours.
- Maintain a level of comfort which meets applicable standards.
- Modify and/or adjust existing mechanical systems to improve energy efficiency and water conservation.
- Manage the building automation system and energy savings system schedules. Staff provide troubleshooting and programming support in conjunction with the Central Utilities Plant.