Routine Custodial Services
Obtaining Regular Custodial Services (listed below)
Email email@example.com *Note: Do not email emergency requests.
E-mail a Cleaning Request (cleaning request form) *Note: Do not email emergency requests.
Obtaining Emergency Services
Call extension 53854 Monday to Friday 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
After hours, call Campus Community Police Dispatch at extension 52775.
Emergency cleaning services include the following:
- Cleaning up floods in washrooms which pose a safety hazard.
- Safety concerns such as the cleanup of broken glass, bodily fluids etc.
Custodial Services provides all cleaning services for the University. Custodial staff are trained to handle all cleaning situations and maintain sanitary conditions for a healthy and safe environment.
Priority one work includes: disinfecting, garbage removal, pest control and re-lamping in public areas such as washrooms. Prioritized areas also include kitchens, food service areas, lounges and animal examination and operating areas.
Regular Custodial Services include:
- Cleaning of washrooms and restocking of supplies.
- Emptying of wastebaskets.
- Vacuuming and steam-cleaning of carpets.
- Dusting when necessary.
- Cleaning and polishing of non-carpeted floors.
- Window washing.
- Waste management and recycling.
- Interior re-lamping.
- Disinfecting the O.V.C. hospital areas.
- Cleaning athletics facilities and student residences.
Refer to the University of Guelph Recycling Program for the details on how waste is sorted on the main campus.