Materials Handling, Moves and Special Events Rentals and Setups
Submit a request using one of the following methods:
- Submit a Request to Move Furniture, Furnishings or Equipment
- Submit an Event Rental Request
- Email the Physical Resources Work Order Desk at email@example.com or call extension 53854.
Materials Handling staff provide the following services:
- On-campus delivery and moving services including on-campus small office moves, on-campus furniture and equipment moves, drop off and pick up of E-waste, metal, wood and other recyclables. Refer to the Sustainability Office website for information regarding the University's recycling and "Furniture Swap" programs.
- Rental and delivery of staging, tables, chairs, extension cords and power bars.
- Loan of large plastic garbage and recycling cans.
- Special events setup.
- Physical Resources Stockroom deliveries
Delivery of Large Can Carts for Fine White Paper Recycling
Materials Handlers will delivery and pick-up large, wheeled, blue cart-style recycling bins on Wednesdays - the designated day for provision of this service. Both delivery of empty bins and pick-up of full bins will be on a Wednesday. Whenever possible please refrain from leaving recycling carts in a Hallway or thoroughfares. These bins may seriously restrict people's movement in the event of an emergency. If you are going to have a bin for more than a day, find a room where the bin can be stored when it is full or not in use.
Recycling Hardcover Books and Binders
The Sustainability Office can assist with recycling empty used binders and used text books. Hard cover books and contents of binders can only be recycled as fine paper if the covers and binders are removed. If you have too many hardcover books or do not wish to remove the covers please contact the recycling coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org and they will coordinate a different collection method for you.
Materials Handling regular service hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Services may be acquired outside of regular hours but will include an after-hours surcharge.
Booking Materials Handling Service
Requests should be submitted at least 48 hours in advance of your move, pick-up or delivery as assistance may not be available due to high priority scheduled events.
Wednesdays are the designated day for delivery and pick-up of large cart style recycling bins, and the pick-up and drop off of E-waste. Regular services may be available if materials handlers are not booked solid.
Large and Emergency Moves
If your move is beyond the scope of the services provided by Materials Handling or if your move cannot be completed within the time frame required, you as the customer may contact the mover of your choice listed on the Physical Resources Service Providers webpage.